Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Woes

Today we took Ava to the fair.  It was an experience but not quite the experience I had envisioned.  It was unbelievably hot and it was bordering very close to nap time.  She didn't like the idea of a pony ride which led to tears, which lead to eating soggy cotton candy from tear covered hands, which led to only one ride because it was clear she wasn't in the right mood but we had to do at least one ride.  The highlights were that she really liked seeing all of the animals up close and that she did enjoy the carousel ride. 

Did I mention I also took my camera but forgot my memory card so we have no pictures.  That she only slept for a short time on the way home and got no real nap.  That because of that she was super fussy and cranky the rest of the day. 

Ahhh, such is life I suppose.  You make memories with your children and try to provide fun experiences.  I guess they don't always turn out as planned though.  With a toddler I figure we never really know until we get there.  Last weekend we did apple picking and she loved it.  It could have very easily went the other way around. 

Since I didn't take my camera to the fair here are some from this evening.  Some times I just don't know where my little baby went.

Look at those long lean legs...where did those fat chubby short legs go


She looks too old...I don't like it one bit


I think I may have to go cry now


and this look...this is the look of a 13 year old Ava who finds me annoying.  Not an almost two year old Ava..she can't find me annoying can she?!?!


Well at least she still thinks I'm funny


Really, I mean really, when did she get this big. 

No comments:

Post a Comment