Monday, February 15, 2010

Day Forty-Six

Are you my lovey???

Since Ava was a baby I have tried to introduce different forms of loveys or soothers.  It began with the search for a pacifier and I believe we tried about five different types but she just did not like them.  When she first began to teeth she would chew on one of them but never as a source of comfort or to sooth herself. 

Then I tried to introduce a little blanket or stuffed animal.  Something that she could lay down with at nap time and cuddle with.  She does have a magic seahorse, in fact she has two, but for Ava they were not exactly magical.  They amused her and she liked to look at them but put her to sleep, I think not.  Ava is not a sleeper so any kind of sleep-time comfort would help. 

Don't get me wrong it is nice to know I won't have to break her of a pacifier habit so I am actually glad she never took to one but you would have thought she would have taken to something.  However yesterday she got a gift from her Granddad for Valentines Day.  Have a mentioned that her favorite word is Doggy.


She is in love with these little doggy's.  When I first handed them to her she started yelling Doggy, Doggy, Doggy and opened her arms wide.  She hugs them and loves them and gives them kisses galore.  Now whether or not they will become a lovey for her I really can't say just yet.  I do know this is the most she has ever been attached to a stuffed animal so we'll see how this develops.

On a side note, today was my first day back to school after being off for over a week.  They have decided to extend the semester so looks like I'll be paying for the little snowcation.  I spent all morning breathing into various size dummy's watching their chests rise and fall.  It was really pretty boring but I guess it's good stuff to know.  Tomorrow I will get to go back to my massage class and it's about time.  I was just feeling like I was getting back into my grove after being off for the winter and then there was snow.  Ugh, no more snow please because we are literally in over our heads with what we already have. 

Well, it's time for me to get off of here and get some homework done.  Till tomorrow!!  

1 comment: