Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day Eighty-Six

Spending the day at Nan and Pop's...

Yesterday Ava and I went up and sat with Pop so Nan could go to one of my cousin's wedding's.  Ava and I weren't going so we offered to sit with Pop since he didn't feel up to going.  It's good for Nan to get opportunities to get out of the house. It was fun to get to see how Ava plays there since most of the time when she is there I am in class.  It brings back memories of when I use to play there.  The funny thing about Nan and Pop's is that unlike most other houses their house still looks the same now that I'm bigger.  Their have been flooring chages, paint changes, etc. but it's still the same.  I don't know how to explain it.  Nan and Pop's house has always felt like a clubhouse full of imagination, fun, and yummy treats.  There is almost always cake and ice cream available.

Ava was sitting in her chair eating a snack while I took the opportunity to snap a few quick photos.  Here is a Nan decorated window.  She has such unique ways of adding color and magic.


Right below that window is a violet plant.  For as long as I can remember there has been one there.  I remember back when I was small enough to sit up in that window I would rub the velvety leaves and just stare out into the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment