Monday, December 20, 2010

A new tradition....I love traditions...

So this year being the first year that Ava is really into Christmas and is asking to see Santa, talking about  presents, pointing out Christmas trees and snowmen; we have tried to do something Christmasey (that really should be a real word) each weekend.  Last weekend she went to the holiday party at my Dad's work.  Since then she has asked to go see Santa again just about every day.  Well last Saturday Aaron went riding with Mike and Hilty on the eastern shore.  They stopped at a restaurant that was decorated for Christmas complete with a train that scooted along a track that was suspended from the ceiling.  He knew we would like it and wanted to take us back there.

So this Saturday we headed off to the Fisherman's Inn and Crab deck in Kent Island, MD.  Ava loved the train and in fact spent most of dinner distracted by the train.  Aaron and I enjoyed the wonderful food and Ava enjoyed the brownie and ice cream for desert.  On our way out we passed Santa and Mrs. Claus who were heading to a party in the back.  He took a few seconds to say Hi to Ava and tell her he would be at her house on Christmas Eve to bring her presents.  She grinned and her eyes twinkled and I thought I might just cry.

We then took her to Sandy Point State Park to see the light show and wouldn't you know that Santa beat us there.  He handed us candy canes as we paid for the light show and Ava grinned and giggled with excitement and told us she found Santa.  I pulled her out of her carseat and plopped her on my lap so she could get a better view of the lights.  I think next year I will book a ride in the horse drawn carriage instead...that looked like a lot of fun.  I think we have found a permanent new tradition.  We all enjoyed ourselves and Aaron got to see how excited his little girl gets in the presence of Santa (he missed the holiday party because he was still working nights).  It was amazingly perfect and even though Ava may not remember it all or even any of it (Aaron's says I'm weird because I can remember things from very early in life but I think he just suffered too many concussions and I am normal) these are the kinds of memories I want her to have. 


Waiting in Line to get in...Ava kept saying "look, reindeer"

 At this point we were transitioning from carseat to Mommy's lap

 You can't tell by the picture but Santa was perched on the end of a dock right over the water.
 Caught this guy in between motions.

 "Looook, Christmas trees, Mommy Daddy look" :)
 She then started finding "aguins" Ava language for penguins.
 This guy she called a yellow bear :)
 Another "aguin"
 Santa of course
 She loved the light tunnels



 "Loook  a Snowman"
 "Christmas trees, Christmas trees, Christmas trees"

 What neighborhood isn't complete without a blue roof house...hahhahahaha...the irony
 and what a wonderful way to end....Santa and his reindeer.


No comments:

Post a Comment