Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day One Hundred and Eighty-One

B-E-A-Utiful weather....

I wish the whole summer could be like this.  Today it is 80 with no humidity and a nice breeze.  I had to pinch myself because we just don't get weather like this and not two days in a row for that matter.  Ava and I have spent most of our day outside.  Here are our photos from this morning.  My battery died and I have not gotten around to charging it yet.  I'm sure to be kicking myself for that tomorrow. That being said I only have pictures from our first trip outside.









These next two are my favorite because of the scene they create.  I was one of those little girls who read The Secret Garden entirely too many times.  I wanted to find a secret garden just like the one Mary found.  A place I could go to and read and play; to be left alone.  A place that was my secret place where no one could find me.  Unfortunately I lived in an ordinary house which sat in an ordinary neighborhood and not a mansion in the English countryside.  Therefore the closet thing I had to a secret garden was my semi large closet.  Enough room to lay down and close myself in.  Of course my closet wasn't exactly secret and as far as trying to read it was rather dark.  Who knows maybe when Aaron and I move to Tennessee we can get enough property to have at least a little Gazebo or something like that and I can create a makeshift secret garden.  A girl can dream right.


No comments:

Post a Comment